Join the community
Build your profession network by exploring our social side. Find friends and follow them. Join groups or set up your own. Join in discussions or start your own.
If you like using social media you should be right at home in our community. If you are not a social media fan, please do take a look because we are confident that you will find it valuable. When you join only your name is public (and this can be changed). You decide what information you would like to share and with whom.
Here is a quick start guide to our community:
- Select Community (main menu) to view your dashboard. You will see public posts from other members.
- Start to build your network by finding members whom you wish to befriend. Search for people you know and send them a request.
- You may also send them a private message (conversation).
- Follow members whose activities you would like to see on your dashboard.
- Add your profile picture and cover.
- Adjust your privacy settings (by default only your name is public). For example, you might wish to publish your practice contact information for all to see, but your personal telephone number only for your friends.
- Update your notification preferences; you can choose what you wish to see when logged in or which notifications to receive by email.
- You are ready to network!
Visual indicators of relevant community activities (conversations, friend requests and notifications) are displayed adjacent to your account details once logged it. Don’t miss anything!
These are a powerful feature. A group can have its own discussions, events, videos, polls etc. A group can be public, closed or invitation only. The latter type is not visible in search results and therefore useful for private groups.
- To look for groups to join, select Groups from the community menu. Dental registrants might wish to start with the Dental Professionals group.
- To set up your own group, choose New Group from the Groups page. Once approved, you can invite members.
Integration with CPD courses
All our CPD courses have their own community group for discussions. When you enrol in a course you will be automatically enrolled in the corresponding group.
The system awards points to certain activities e.g. completing CPD courses, responding to discussions and helping other members. Look out for the badges that will appear on your profile in recognition of your contributions.